Wednesday, April 22, 2009

NetFlix's Actual competition

Speculators once argued that online video players like youtube might be the future competition of movie rental companies like Blockbuster and Netflix. However according to a recent article be Dan Frommer the real risk may be coming from cable television providers like Comcast. Personally I have tried to go the internet route and watch movies through internet sites. Most of the time the movies are of really poor quality, they are constantly interupted by advertisements, or it is simply impossible to find a movie that I would like to watch. Normally whenever I want to watch a movie I simply turn on the t.v. and hit up comcast's on-demand feature. With the click of a button I am instantly supplied with hundreds of movie titles, most of which are new titles, and I am free to watch movies at my own pace (stop pause features), from the comfort of my own home with little to no work. So after reading the article I definately agree with Dan Frommer's evaluation of the furture of NetFlix's current competition. I think NetFlix's biggest rival will be cable television providers.

No comments:

Post a Comment