Monday, February 23, 2009

Ipods Risky?

I remember when I was in elementary school and CDs first came out, I thought, how could they make something that will beat a CD player? Now, in my final semester of college I have realized that there is a growing trend and accessory on almost every college student regardless of nationality or upbringing. IPODS!!! I am guilty of having my own 30g iPod, jam packed with music and movies. Apple seems to be fully capable of running a monopoly on the portable music and video industry, especially with all the functionality in todays iPods from being able to make phone calls to checking your email or the latest stocks. With so many people using this device, I for one would like to know if there are any longterm risks to using iPods? Hell, if I can get cancer from microwaving a sandwich for thirty seconds, is it far fetched to think that I could get cancer from jamming to my iPod which can play for hours on end without the batteries dieing?

Well I spent some time looking for the risks associated with iPods and I found an interesting article about the current "younger" generation and their usage of iPods and the risk associated with using the factory ear buds that apple sells with their iPods (http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1881130,00.html?cnn=yes). I would like to hope that Apple has begun to hedge against risks that may be associated with long-term hearing loss. This could potentially be a catastrophic loss for Apple in the future if they fail to protect themselves from possible lawsuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment